Crooha, Adrigole, Beara, Co. Cork€249,000
Sale Type: For Sale by Private Treaty
Overall Floor Area: 139m2
Tax Designation: Section 27
Big Moon Cottage is a detached house on a .9 acre site in West Cork on The Wild Atlantic Way. The house is 15-20 mins walk to beach (see local beaches in attached photos) and 8 minutes drive to the market town of Skibbereen. This is a tastefully restored and extended traditional cottage, packed with character and original features, a much-loved home.
There is HIGH SPEEED BROADBAND at the house and business high speed packages are available from our area provider, Rapid Broadband.
From all South-facing front windows in the house there is a wonderful panoramic countryside vista (see photos) with a tiny sea view on a clear day! This is a home of tranquility with the ‘buzz’ of the market town of Skibbereen so close by.
This area is magical countryside for those seeking a beautiful location close to the coast.
The property is 1,500 sq ft (139.35 Mt sq) on a site of .9 acre.
Highlights of Property:
New condenser boiler installed January 2021 and new immersion water heater installed 2020, see photos. All this since BER rating certificate was issued.
– Hi-speed broadband, perfect for streaming
– Half-acre organic paddock perfect for kitchen garden
– Sun room with white-painted pine tongue & groove ceiling, traditional local flagged floor, spots with dimmer switches & 3 double sockets.
– Oil Fired Central Heating, gas hob with Bosch external extractor fan and electric fan-assisted oven
– Insulation was professionally installed throughout walls and attics.
– Traditional feature tiling in hallway.
– Exposed stone walls on one side of kitchen and on two walls in the snug.
– 3 reception rooms (living room, snug, sun room).
– Large eat-in kitchen which accommodates a large table for up to 8 people.
– Marble fire surround in living room.
– Waterford Stanley cast iron stove in den, built-in book shelf
– Solid pine kitchen cabinets
– Some original latch doors internally and also attractive glass panel doors to sitting room, snug, kitchen and entrance to stairs.
– Wi Fi Broadband and Sky TV satellite dish.
– Up to date electrics (all with trip switches), with extensive spotlights and dimmer switches throughout house. Lighting has been given particular attention.
– Good-sized utility room, tiled floor with fitted solid pine white painted ‘cottage style’ cabinets, sink and new washing machine and space for dryer, easily converted to a second kitchen (double aspect). Built in shelves.
– Good sized shed with window and shelves.
– Attractive mature garden which is fairly low maintenance and has some nice bamboos
– Phone points in sitting room, snug (2 phone points, one for phone and one for Sky tv), kitchen and master bedroom.
– Good supply of electrical sockets for lamps, music systems, etc. throughout house.
– Pine tongue & groove ceilings in kitchen, sun room and 4th bedroom, all recently painted white. White painted original tongue and groove ceiling in bedroom 3 which also has very attractive cottage style built in units along entire length of one wall.
– Built-in wardrobes in 3 bedrooms.
– 2 en-suite bathrooms with electric showers. Main bathroom downstairs has a shower (with excellent pressure) over a good size enamel bath which is in very good condition. There is also a large wash-hand basin with a big built in mirror behind it with light over mirror. All tap fixtures and mixers have been upgraded to ‘antique’ type in main bathroom and master ensuite upstairs.
– Property has a very spacious driveway and lots of room for parking on three sides of the house.
– Mains water, septic tank (serviced in 2020)
New lagged water tank in attic
New roof to shed
New door to shed 2020
New immersion water heater installed in hot press (2020) fully lagged
New satellite dish, installed 2018
New dishwasher 2019
New washing machine 2019
Accommodation Dimensions: in ft
Sun Room: 23’2″ X 7’5″
Entrance Hall: 7’0″ X 5’0″
Living Room: 13’10” X 14’8″
Main Bathroom: 6’5″ X 9’0″
Snug: 12’2″ X 10’10” (with closed entrance to stairs)
Kitchen (eat-in): 15’0″ X 12’3″ – dishwasher, gas hob, fan oven.
Utility Room: 10’10” X 6’5″ with built-in cabinets and sink, washing machine, space for dryer – 2 big windows
Bedroom 3 Master: 11’8″ X 9’3″ – double aspect
Double – incl. en-suite shower room, built-in wardrobe and shelves
Bedroom 2: 8’10 X 9′
Twin room. Built-in wardrobe.
Bedroom 1: 11’0″ X 8’10”
Double bedroom with built-in units along one entire wall
Bedroom 4 downstairs: 13’5″ X 13’5″
Currently used as twin room (en-suite with shower), solid wood floor. This would make an ideal office.
Most curtains and blinds and carpets are included in price. There is also an option to purchase some furniture in the house by separate arrangement.
Parking: Driveway – around three sides of house
Features: Near Schools – Walking distance to a sandy beach – Near Skibbereen – Lovely Restaurants nearby – Great Area for Sailing, Fishing and Team Rowing – Sun Room, Utility Room – Gravelled Patio – Shed – Large gravelled driveway – Adjacent to garden, there is a half-acre fenced paddock, ideal for many uses and organic for the past 15 years. You will need a car to live here.
Large eat-in kitchen and 3 further reception rooms, one with Waterford Stanley mullti-fuel stove
In excellent condition and very tastefully decorated on a beautiful .9 acre site
South facing house with lovely large sun room to the front
Charming character features like exposed stone walls, original doors with latches.
Wonderful rural and distant sea views to the tower on Toe Head
Contact me about this property 035 386 355 2929 or 086 355 2929.
Big Moon Cottage, Gortbrack, Castletownshend, Co. Cork